These globally-inspired hand-painted candles are miniature works of art. Crafted by artisans in South Africa, each candle is hand-poured and then individually hand-painted. Each design name is derived from a particular African word that is brought to life through the color and patterns which reflect the culture and influences of South Africa. The style images pictured illustrate the general design but note that each candle is one of a kind. A truly unique and beautiful gift for hostesses, housewarmings, weddings, anniversaries, and more that make a striking addition to every home and an attractive conversation piece!
- Design Meaning: “Kileo” signifies “modern” and is portrayed through design and earthy colors.
- Set of 4 Short Tapers, ideal for Friday Night Shabbat Dinner.
- Candles measure approximately 4-inches tall.
- Unscented, high-quality, fully-refined paraffin wax from Germany.
- Non-toxic color pigments and natural wicks.
- Individually hand-painted. Designs will have differences but be consistent in colors and icons that reflect the style.
- It creates a calm ambiance that transforms any space into a personal sanctuary.
- Burn time maximum 4 hours.
- The high melting point of 58°- 60°.
- Use care when burning candles. Do not leave a burning candle unattended; snuff out the flame when done burning; do not move the burning candle; always use a candle holder when burning.
The Story Behind the Art:
Each candle is hand-poured and hand-painted by South African artisans with years of experience. After the candles are poured, they are handed off to the unique background painters, who paint the entire wax candle with a base color that sets the tone for the design work. Masterful artists then paint the designs on each piece. It is fascinating to watch the lightning-fast strokes of the paintbrushes transform what was molten wax into gorgeously colorful, individualized works of art!